Preventing burglary is all about buying time. When a burglar finds that it is taking too long to break into a property, the attempted break-in is more often than not abandoned. Hammerglass SINGLE offers increased protection against burglary and vandalism for all types of property, everything from individual shops and shopping centres to public premises. The system is certified as offering protection up to Security Class P8B in accordance with EN 356, which is the level of protection that insurance companies require for particularly high-risk premises. The lightweight panels can be cut to any shape, thus providing great flexibility. As the system is based on replacement glazing in existing window frames, the solution is well-suited to older-type linked sashes and listed buildings.
Low weight & high security class for re-glazing in existing configurations
Simple & highly effective
We test the strength!
We test all our products thoroughly. Watch the movie where we perform a violent strength test on 6 mm Hammerglass in a comparison with a traditional safety glass taken from a police station (25 mm laminated glass).
- A burglary takes 10 minutes to complete.
- Half of all burglaries take place through the window.
- In general, windows and glass sections are the weakest point in the property, followed by doors.
Watch more test movies
Burglary protection - Vandal protection - Personal protection
Low weight and high security class offer considerable opportunities for glazing in existing systems. With single glazing or installation in linked sashes, the outer pane is replaced with Hammerglass SINGLE. Installation in existing window sashes using special mounting and special silicone. The glazing material can be produced also in irregular or rounded glass shapes.
- Protects against break-ins & vandalism - Personal protection
- Re-glazing windows and doors in the existing sashes/frames
- 6, 8, 10 or 12 mm Hammerglass
- Can be produced with irregular or rounded glass shapes
- Discreet vandal protection for installation in front of leaded glass in churches and cultural buildings
- Will not compromise the existing architecture
- Improves the U-value
- Noise ruduction of 30 dBRw
- Security class EN 356 P8B
- Provides increased protection against burglary and vandalism for shops, shopping centres, public premises, industry, offices, petrol stations, chemists, health centres etc
Download brochure & product sheet
Installation and warranty
Hammerglass SINGLE is installed only be recommended installers in order to guarantee the highest quality. Single panes usually consist of 6, 8, 10 or 12 mm Hammerglass. All Hammerglass panes are laser-marked with a logo and production number for traceability for the purposes of internal quality assurance and security in the event of warranty issues.