The UN has defined 17 global sustainable development goals with the objective that member states, with joint efforts, should achieve them by 2030. Hammerglass has selected 4 of the goals as particularly important for us, where we have the opportunity to work for a more sustainable future in and through our operation.
GOAL 3, GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
By continuously striving to improve our IVS business system, we will:
- Begin all production sessions with a Green Cross review.
- Maintain our employees' health insurance with SPP/DKV, thereby shortening waiting times and facilitating quick return to work in case employees need specialist care.
- Follow the standards of our ISO 45001 safety and health certificate.
GOAL 4, EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF QUALITY
Skilled and well-trained employees safeguard the company's jobs and contribute to growth. In order to secure future employment needs, industrial companies need to inform young people about the skills that will be needed. Similarly, the industry must communicate with municipalities and educational units so that young people can be offered relevant studies. Hammerglass shall therefore:
- Widen our employees' professional skills through job rotation.
- Offer our employees good opportunities for further training.
- Participate in the High School Apprenticeships scheme where high school students combine studies with industrial training.
- Take an active part in Båstad Industry Group’s Skills Supply Initiative.
GOAL 9, SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Based on our certificates within ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, Hammerglass will work to achieve SDG GOAL 9 by:
- Investing in machines and equipment that reduce our environmental impact.
- Continuing our R&D work where Sustainability is always one of the focus areas.
- Actively influencing our employees to choose electric cars instead of fossil-fuelled vehicles by investing in good charging infrastructure and offering charging at low prices to employees.
- Continuing to develop, offer, sell and assemble sustainable infrastructure solutions along roads and railways.
GOAL 12, SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
Hammerglass will work according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards, where sustainability forms the basis for our entire operations.
- All polycarbonate spills in our production, as well as material recovered from previous installations, shall be reused in new polycarbonate production.
- Our core products must be EPD-certified.
- Our stakeholders shall be kept regularly informed about our products and our operations through adequate product labelling, updated website, informative newsletters and relevant information on social media.