For us at Hammerglass, it is important to visit our end customers to see how our products contribute to their better workday. So, when we finally had the chance to visit Alfeo De Franceschi’s small Italian family business, together with Hitachi’s local retailer Salomoni Srl, we gladly defied the elements.
Friuli-Venezia Giulia is only an hour's drive from Venice but there is no sign of the many tourists in the canal town as the Hammerglass team observes, driving through fog and persistent rain towards the village of Paluzza, about 70 km north of Udine. Behind the wheel is our very own Italian guide, Roberto Agostoni, sales manager for Hammerglass security solutions in southern Europe.
– Every time I get the chance to show Hammerglass to a new, potential customer, I am always met with fascination for the material and the realisation that there is a demand in the industry for this type of security. That is why I have such an important job, to spread information about Hammerglass and put on display the market’s alternatives to ordinary glass. Options that are safer for the driver and contribute to better operating economy. No manager wants expensive downtime, but if you are not aware of any other solutions, it is easy to replace your broken screen with the same type of product again,” he says. And that only leads to a negative loop.
Alfeo De Franceschi is a Hitachi customer in Friuli and both he and his son have been Hammerglass fans for some time now. Their brand-new machine, a Hitachi ZX 135 US, is equipped with our RABS solution and they are currently getting ready for raising a new construction in the village.
Tell us, what will be built here?
– At first, we were in charge of the demolition of an old building, and now we are preparing the foundation for a new industrial warehouse.
What has your experience of choosing Hammerglass RABS been like so far?
– We are so happy with the choice we have made with this new machine, especially since this solution means that we would not need a metal grille but would still feel safer. We have done several other minor demolitions as well, some construction work and some forest work , and got some tough stone chips and pieces of wood against the front screen while on the job.
"RABS is an excellent alternative to FOGS metal grid"
Riccardo Salomoni, Hitachi dealer, what do you think of the Hammerglass product range and what feedback have you received from customers?
– All customers to whom we have sold Hammerglass solutions in combination with Hitachi machines (both excavators and wheel loaders), are extremely happy and satisfied with the safety, durability and good visibility of the screens. In Salomoni Srl, we think that RABS is an excellent alternative to FOGS metal grid.
Roberto, what are your thoughts on how Hammerglass can contribute to a small family business like this compared to a large one?
– Choosing Hammerglass to replace the original glass or using the special RABS systems allows small companies like Alfeo De Franceschi to meet all the safety requirements under the law while having unbreakable glass and avoiding expensive downtime, a crucial factor when planning urgent projects and always struggling with deadlines.