North American Volvo dealers can now offer Hammerglass safety glass to their customers. At the Brush Up days in Memphis, we had a chance to introduce ourselves a bit more.
The programme includes a total of 28 companies, two of which are Swedish: Hammerglass AB and Trelleborg AB.
– Of course it’s great that Swedish innovation and entrepreneurial spirit have been given a place. In our case it was the recommendations from Swedish customers which was the basis for Volvo having chosen Hammerglass. That’s the best kind of praise we can get. We stand out from the crowd because our screens undergo such rigorous testing and have clear safety ratings and approved certificates. We’re not yet very well known in the US, but thanks to the Extended Offer Program, we’ve now got an easier way into a market which is generally difficult to break into. It’s really a golden opportunity to spread awareness of our solutions and focus on driver safety, said Fredrik Gustavsson, Customer Service Manager.
What challenges do you foresee having in the US market?
– When we met with the dealers in Memphis, we got a lot of attention, but what most of them were interested in were solutions that reduce the risk of glass breakage. And though Hammerglass products definitely do that, our focus will always be on personal safety. The fact that glass breakage is eliminated is a bonus in this context.
– Another challenge is that many people are prejudiced against PVCs and are sceptical about opting out of grilles, but when you see our tests and certificates, I think that ‘fear’ can be overcome. Glass breakage due to flying sharp objects is common in the US, here for example there are many recyclers who deal with metal parts. These parts are often small enough to fly between the grids and hit the glass, but this is where our grid free RABS-solution can make a difference.
– We will continue this journey that is started, to make the society safer for people in different environments. The safety and security are the main themes in everything that is created here.Read more
With customers in over 40 countries, Achilles works to improve the supply chain in large construction projects. Hammerglass is now a validated supplier, which will make it easier for clients.Read more
Malin Påhlsson explains the meaning of "explosion tested" and how it applies to machine screens. It is not only the screens that must withstand the blast wave, but also the frame and the fixings... Read more
North American Volvo dealers can now offer Hammerglass safety glass to their customers.
– Generally, this is a difficult market to reach, says Fredrik Gustavsson.Read more
We exhibited in Munich with a crystal-clear message regarding driver safety and we took a big step forward in our journey of driving the change.Read more
Marius will work specifically with OEM companies and we are very pleased to have another Hammerglass ambassador on our team.Read more
Swedish fair Maskinmässan started with heavy rain but ended with sun – in both senses for us, because we discovered that many of the exhibited machines were already equipped with Hammerglass.Read more
Hammerglass machine windows are not just an investment in driver safety. They also reduce expensive set-up times. Patric Carlsson explains in more detail.Read more
Our Italian road trip leads us to the village of Paluzza, where we get to see our safest protection solution for machine operators in action. And we also get a beneficial thumbs up from the end ... Read more
Alfredo has been hammering marble for 15 years, with an average of one broken frontscreen every month. Now he sits behind Hammerglass and the screen remains intact.Read more
Sometimes you have to be a myth buster to your own material. Real facts are so much better to rely on than tall tales. Check them out!Read more
You might think that you have chosen the best for you and your machine by choosing bothsecurity window and grid? Well, here’s an eye opener...Read more